Sunday 10 November 2013

Remembering the Past for the Future

I am delighted to report that, following my small publicity campaign, we have THREE definite bookings for more Pop Up Proms concerts, for January, February and March 2014. RESULT!

I'm very excited about the progress of the project. But with all the ballyhoo of the performances it's perhaps easy to forget the other important aspect of the project; the oral history. Click here for a link to an explanation of Oral History in Wikipedia.
Christina did sterling work at our first concert and captured some beautiful reminiscences from our audience members. These will be held at the Sound Archive, which is part of the Norfolk Record Office, and will eventually be studied for their local accents then made available for education and research (see the Norfolk Records Office page of this blog for more info).

I am consulting with Norfolk Museums and Archaeology Service about possibilities for also using our recordings as soundscapes for temporary exhibitions.

My target is for ten concerts, so these bookings take us to the half way mark. We are steadily getting there! As always, my enormous thanks are due to my band of happy Prommers who give so generously of their time and talents- I could not do it without you!

If you would like to join the Pop Up Proms Project or book a concert, please click here to find my contact details, or use the little contact sheet on the right of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment